Monday, June 2, 2014

Process

I am a costume designer. For my job, I try to understand other people through the what they choose to put on in the morning. A plain white t-shirt or a flannel button down. A dark, wool pencil skirt or a pastel stripped cotton skirt. Which? And why? These are the questions I ask myself when I’m designing. A lot of other questions go in and out of my head and I want to capture them. I want to share them. Because I’ve not found very many conversations on this, and I want to know too.

In two weeks I am going to start working on two shows for the summer, Next to Normal, and the other, a musical revue of the 30s and 40s. I hope to share my process of these shows here.

Now, since I’m in between shows, I am working on this:







 This is a series of removable collars made with bias cut strips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment